Artifacts on NVIDIA

Started by
0 comments, last by slicer4ever 11 years, 1 month ago

Hello

I have been developping only on my AMD HD 6990 desktop lateley but as i got sick i transfered my project to my laptop which runs on a NVIDIA GTX 660M. After correcting some issues in my shader ATI has ignored and NVIDIA doesnt accept the program ran. Interestingly there is a difference at one single place. The rendering of my HUD. Sometimes the text has artifacts in it, sometimes it has not (most of the time its ok, only a few entries cause the artifacts).

Here are two images:

BCvUW8A.jpg

Rn5wwpY.jpg

No matter where i get "Brachland" displayed it always looks like that and "Dornenhügel" always looks correct.

My thoughts so far:

- It cannot be a problem when i load the glyph images via freetype, the 'n' for example is rendered bad and good.

- The algorithm per se has to work because 99% of the text is rendered correctly (including everything else in the UI).

So now im a bit stuck on where to look. Maybe anyone got an idea whats going on here? I can also provide some code if this is neccessary.

Greetings

Plerion

Advertisement

it appears to be the text in the top one isn't being alpha blended(and as such are overlapping the previous letter). and the bottom one is just separated enough that you don't notice it?

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement