HTML5 WebSockets made Easy!

Started by
1 comment, last by FrankNatividad 11 years, 1 month ago

Hi,

I'm developing this platform which makes HTML5 WebSockets easy. It will cut the learning curve on development, and makes prototyping faster.

I've been developing the platform I call 'Scribble' for about 6 months now, and it's showing progress. I want to increase awareness of the technology to game makers and app makers because a lot of the time we just want to make ideas happen. The platform takes away the overhead of Server development and just gives you what you need to hit the ground running.

The next you might want to know is where to see it. I believe in video tutorials instead of written tutorials, so I've attached a tutorial where I create a game walk around. You should be able to walk around and see others that are also connected within fifteen minutes. The time frame is amazing because of two things: Scribble and enchant.js. Using a game engine and Scribble, you can prototype within a few minutes because the average is managed for you.

I'd like you to join me in this new platform development!

Check out the video below tell me what you think and if you're interested in trying it out I'll put some additional links below the video.

Thanks!

">

Register(FREE).

http://scribble.franknatividad.com/

Advertisement

I took a look at this when you posted earlier and it certainly looks interesting. WebSockets are really a great addition to HTML5. What kind of latency do you see typically?

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Well the latency isn't too bad but it just depends how far the user is from the server. I don't see it growing too harshly because the kinds of apps that are being run at the moment are very minimal.

I'm still developing the core idea of LUA + HTML5, which helps development become faster.

Try it out, there is a link in the videos description.

Frank N.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement