Contest Prizes

Started by
7 comments, last by NeHe_Lover 22 years, 5 months ago
WOOOHOOO!!!! - check out NeHe''s Webpage he just posted the prizes for the Apocalypse 2001 contest - let me just say they are KICK ASS prizes - I am looking at them right now ... ohhhh I am holding one of them Good Luck to you all.
Advertisement
Very cool indeed.I hope I can find myself holding one of those prizes some time soon. (-:
By the way, that gl project you made pretty cool. That was the first thing you made with no experience with opengl? Impressive. The first thing I made was a spinning triangle... Anyway, cool to see you in the forums.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
UMMMMM Thank You very much (blush) I didnt think anyone had really ever bothered to check my little demo out, its pretty lame compared to what Jeff (NeHe) can create or anyone else - but for my first (and last) demo without any tutorials or understanding of what I was really doing (but a little help from Jeff) I was very impressed with it. So thanks again for the compliment (kinda made my day) but dont worry I wont be competing in the Apocalype Contest (hahahahaahaha) Take Care

And I check the forum pretty much everyday , just not much for me to reply to (being OpenGL illerate) , just like to see that noone is flamin my man
I must admit that at first glance I didn''t think much to the prizes.... A CD writer, a sound card and a webcam. Huh.

*BUT* after reading a bit more I can see NeHE has obviously spent some time looking for cool kit. They''re all great pieces of tech, and best of all would be a great addition to any hobby coder''s kit.

Thats a good example of why people keep coming back to the NeHe site even after they''ve learned loads from the tuts -its obvious Jeff takes a lot of time over it and cares about it a great deal. Theres no "that''ll do" - it''s all "they''d like this, so we''ll do it that way". What a nice guy!

All the best,

Dan
[size="1"]
It was tough coming up with prizes I thought people would like Cash prizes are nice, but after you''ve spent the cash it''s no longer there. I thought about getting a GeForce 3, but most people have killer cards, and if most people are like me, they are fussy about the type of card they get (brand, support, etc).

The prizes I ended up buying are a little weird for a Graphics related site, but hey, they''re all cool! Who wouldn''t want a digital camera? The digicam has become the new "scanner". What I mean by that is, a few years ago it was cool to have a scanner. Now it''s cool to have a digicam... scanners are common place.

When programming I love to have the tunes cranked from time to time... that''s where the sound card comes in.

And the CDR... it''s just nice in general! I know if I didn''t have a CDR and someone gave me one, I''d be extremely happy. Read CD''s at mach speed, back up files to CDR, etc. Just an all around nice device to have. Useful for those people out there like myself that have WAY too many files on their HD
I don''t know about you, but I''m sitting here with a TNT2. If a GeForce3 was offered, I''d quit going to my lectures and doing homework until I got the most kick assedest demo out there.

SL
Same here. And I really mean it. I too have a TNT2, and I too would stop all studies to get a gf3 anyday. You''d get the demo from above. But I actually have a cdrw, nice sound card, and a $1000 digital camera. Not that most people do, you probably made the right choice in your prizes, and are therefore catering to a much larger audiance in your choice of prizes. And hey, a nicer sound card, an even faster burner? Worth my time I''d say.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
im no AP
Man, if I could get my 3D camera working like I want it to I''d try the NeHe contest! I''m planning on entering the next one tho!!! They sound so cool!
Languages: C/C++ C# JavaAPIs: Win32 OpenGL DirectXWeb: &#106avascript Perl JSP PHP-MySQL Oracle Database Programming</span><a href='http://www.ethereal-studios.com'>http://www.ethereal-studios.com</a></a>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement