No debug output in vs2010 after app close

Started by
1 comment, last by phirekid718 11 years ago

I set the debug version in the directx control panel, also the maximum validation and "most" output level. I also included the lib and include files for visaul leak detector. While my app is running the d3d shows the warnings ignoring the redundant state.

When I close the app however, there is no "memfini" output from directx or any output from visual leak detector. It just says exited with code 0.

What am I missing? Thank you.

Advertisement

I found that it has something to do with the XACT code that I am using from the directx sdk tutorials. I can't figure it out yet. It seems that the threads in the sound engine get in the way of the debug output from the other threads, if that makes sense.

I ended up choosing to scrap xact and go with directsound as presented in the Toymaker's website. I may regret changing to this platform but for now it does exactly what I need it to do and the debug output displays as expected. I wish I didn't have to go through the process of changing the whole sound engine, but I can't see any other way, especially when the examples in the directx sdk such as "xactgame" have the same problem: loading up debug output at the start but not after the app closes. I guess I could have disabled the sound and continue building, but that would have been cheating for me. I feel that this problem is an indication of a much greater problem, but I don't know what. Any feedback would be appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement