Developing a simple 3d car game in OpenGL.

Started by
2 comments, last by DanielKruyt 11 years, 1 month ago

Hello Guys, please don't close this question as am really tired of searching the tutorials for learning the OpenGL. The reason for me asking this question is the Computer Graphics using OpenGL in college we study is like more theoretical and there's also a mini project to be done so guys please help me with your valuable suggestion which aid me in Developing a simple 3d car game in OpenGL. I also heard about NeHe and LazyFoo but some suggests those are little outdated so guys please help me with proper guidance as I want to have a practical experience and also develop my first game.

Thank You in Advance

Advertisement

try this:

http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/

I suggest avoiding tutorials that use GLUT or too many external libraries. Also tutorials generally either teach you the basics, or something specific.

So for a 3D car game you will have to do a lot of work by yourself. have fun (^?^)?

Physics play a big role in making such a game, which OpenGL cannot do, so be prepared to figure out collision detection and response algorithms. I would recommend using a physics engine like Bullet or ODE for your project.

New game in progress: Project SeedWorld

My development blog: Electronic Meteor

Hi there,

After starting to learn OpenGL 3 in the recent hobby game I've taken up, I'd recommend the tutorial at www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/ over the fore-mentioned www.opengl-tutorial.org, mainly due to the latters poor explanation of certain subjects crucial to the OpenGL 3+ learning curve. Still, it is best to find as many sources as possible, as this will give you a deeper understanding and less bias to certain methods when you are programming.

Regards,

Daniel Kruyt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement