Creating DLLs

Started by
4 comments, last by Ethan 22 years, 5 months ago
Can somebody help me to create a dll, or know somebody good tutorials? thx
Advertisement
/me wonders aloud if anybody still reads their documentation...
Depends on what program u r using. I''m using delphi, and creating dll''s with it is a piece of cake. Anyway, first you gotta tell me what programming program (heheh) u r using?
Damn, is it me or did Microsoft really fauch up the DLL documentation in the MSDN cd that came with VC++ 6.0? Every week or so this question comes up it seems.

As for the actual question, I myself have yet to find a comprehensive tutorial on programming a DLL. I have learned how through assorted attempts at tutorials and such, (MSDN, ahem) but nothing that by itself will teach you how they work. See if it''s possible first to make your current project without DLL''s, but know that you will come back to them no matter what you do.

-Brent Robinson
"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is the lawgiver...No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however powerful, has ever exercised such absolute athority to arrange a stage or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or troops." - Joseph Weizenbaum-Brent Robinson
Damn, is it me or did Microsoft really fauch up the DLL documentation in the MSDN cd that came with VC++ 6.0? Every week or so this question comes up it seems.

As for the actual question, I myself have yet to find a comprehensive tutorial on programming a DLL. I have learned how through assorted attempts at tutorials and such, (MSDN, ahem) but nothing that by itself will teach you how they work. See if it''s possible first to make your current project without DLL''s, but know that you will come back to them no matter what you do.

-Brent Robinson
"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is the lawgiver...No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however powerful, has ever exercised such absolute athority to arrange a stage or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or troops." - Joseph Weizenbaum-Brent Robinson
This should tell most of what u need to know,

http://www.flipcode.com/tutorials/tut_dll01.shtml

BloatWare

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement