Do we really need the large text for thread listings?

Started by
11 comments, last by Gaiiden 11 years, 1 month ago

I noticed the enlarged text and thought my browser was broken. But then I clicked on and refreshed and realized this is actual CSS. Honestly, I don't like it. Don't really see why it's needed. And would rather have threads with new posts be a different color or font.

However, maybe I'm the only one. And everyone else likes it. (shrug)

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

For the love of god turn off the large text.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

I don't know, i kindof like it.

edit: is the text in the quick-nav bar changed as well, i swear it looks a bit fuzzyier for some reason, but i don't know 100%

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This actually to me looks like an entire new theme I thought my browser was broken as well. All the text is so large even in the menu's. If this is a new theme for the love of god turn it off or at least give us a drop down to revert to the old one.

And here I kept clearing my cache, assuming it was a local glitch...

I imagine Mike must be using the site on a retina display :P

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I imagine Mike must be using the site on a retina display tongue.png

The text is large even for those of us blessed/cursed with a retina display.

I'm still trying to decide how much of me is just resisting change and how much of me actually doesn't like the big text... I'm not sure how much of which I'm feeling.

Edit: nope, I've made up my mind. I think if the text is going to be that big, it really needs more whitespace. Otherwise, it feels crowded.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

The text is large even for those of us blessed/cursed with a retina display.

I mean, it's kind of ok on my 2560x1440 Shimian at work, but on my laptop it's not so good.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

The size is really too big.

And the font is not really the best imo.

Programming is an art. Game programming is a masterpiece!

I don't know what the hell happened with the site font but I'm guessing it's thanks to the recent site update we performed and IPS chose to make some changes to default font styles we were using with the old version.

Yea, I'd rather have the old font styles back too. The Journal font for entry headings is especially horrible - it looks like an alpha channel has been added to the font that was originally anti-aliased into a solid color background. Yick

Oh, just noticed it's for topic headings and forum headings too. Wunderful

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Ick.. I changed it back for thread listings. That wasn't supposed to happen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement