First Game

Started by
7 comments, last by DangerDoom 11 years, 1 month ago

I just completed my first game today! I would really like some feedback on it - I personally am extremely proud of it - but I want to know if others enjoy it as well.

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/can-t-touch-this/13106/

There's the link, if you take a quick look, post a short comment telling me what you think that would make my day :D If you do not want to you don't have to, it would just be helpful if you spot any bugs, or tell me what I can do in the future to improve the quality of the game.

Thanks for reading :)

Advertisement

I didn't play past second level.

Here's few problems I noticed:

1. No diagonal movement
  2. Those walls aren't normal, they're death walls
  3. Music plays only through right speaker (probably front), all other lost ability to make sounds
  4. It's hard to tell how big collision is for those particle balls

I didn't play past second level.

Here's few problems I noticed:

1. No diagonal movement
  2. Those walls aren't normal, they're death walls
  3. Music plays only through right speaker (probably front), all other lost ability to make sounds
  4. It's hard to tell how big collision is for those particle balls

Thanks, the walls are also actually meant to be death walls, had been using my headphones so hadn't noticed the speaker issue (its the left one for me), for the particles would you recommend I made the collision sphere bigger?

Will work on trying to fix these issues.

My box could be in the purple circle in level one? Bug?

Also only sound at right speaker

Played the first two levels

My box could be in the purple circle in level one? Bug?

Also only sound at right speaker

Played the first two levels

Same for me, but it went away after i died.
I think you should change the balls to something without a particle type effect so the user can see where the colision boundries are.

Howdy,

The farthest I got was level 9. I enjoyed it.

A level display could help, to let people know how far they along they are.

Also, for level 3 you go for a long stretch without any real danger, so if you die later you have to repeat the long stretch without any danger. Maybe add a ball or 2 early on.

Level 8, the background color can make it hard to see the player cube.

I like level 5 a lot. Pretty hard, pretty fun.

Out of curiosity, how many levels are there?

All in all, a fun game. I came back 6 or so times to see if I could get farther, so I was hooked obviously. Good work, I'd say.

Cheers

Howdy,

The farthest I got was level 9. I enjoyed it.

A level display could help, to let people know how far they along they are.

Also, for level 3 you go for a long stretch without any real danger, so if you die later you have to repeat the long stretch without any danger. Maybe add a ball or 2 early on.

Level 8, the background color can make it hard to see the player cube.

I like level 5 a lot. Pretty hard, pretty fun.

Out of curiosity, how many levels are there?

All in all, a fun game. I came back 6 or so times to see if I could get farther, so I was hooked obviously. Good work, I'd say.

Cheers

Thanks! There are 10 levels in total, although if you want to complete level 10 you really need to not die at all, so you have enough time.

My thoughts have all been addressed. I think the diagonal movement would be a good update. The balls should be spherical so it's easier to see when you hit them. The walls need to be changed to just block you from moving instead of killing you. It's frustrating trying to get through an opening and die because you weren't perfectly lined up. Haven't seen a game act like that before. If you want, you can add obstacles in the game to "act" like death walls but make them holes or spikes, but not the outer walls that surround each room.

Definitely need the diagonal movement. Other than that it is good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement