My first JS/HTML5 game (yet another space shooter)

Started by
13 comments, last by mathaeus 11 years, 1 month ago

I've been making games with Java for quite a while now but when I got the idead of putting stuff up on the web I got a lot of problems. I tried the applet thing, but that's just old and doesn't really work on any browser anymore so I had to learn a new language. Now I've been remaking one of my first Java games in JavaScript/HTML5 and it works pretty well, at least for me.

Maybe you could try and see if you get any issues or something? What browser are you using in that case? MAC/PC?

Shoot with space, pause with P and steer with key arrows. When you have 50 in power the boss appears and you need to kill him before you reach earth.

http://www.yffisch.com/space/

Advertisement
I played it on winxp/firefox 19.0.2 and didn't encounter any issues. The movements of the ship is a bit too slow but I understand that you're just trying to see if it works in HTML5 so that doesn't matter I guess.

Sound/music worked as well?

I didn't hear any music. Looks pretty good, the negative power was a little confusing...I really like the cute graphics though.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

I didn't hear any music. Looks pretty good, the negative power was a little confusing...I really like the cute graphics though.

Thanks! Hmm what browser and what OS? Why is it that the music/sound effects only kind of works with Chrome and sometimes Firefox (but mostly not)?

I use this method:

var music = new Audio("images/rymd2.mp3");
music.loop = true;
music.play();

Controls handle ok. The only two issues I see is that the sound doesn't work and I can't shoot another bullet until the previous is either offscreen or hits the target. Makes the game harder than it should be.

I'm using Win 7 and FF 19.0.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I didn't hear any music either. I presumed there is none.

Controls handle ok. The only two issues I see is that the sound doesn't work and I can't shoot another bullet until the previous is either offscreen or hits the target. Makes the game harder than it should be.

I'm using Win 7 and FF 19.0.

Hmm, I've made the game slower at the beginning. Every 10:th power you get your bullets will be faster. It's supposed to go slow the first 5, then it becomes a little bit faster. Then every 10:th as I said. But it's not supposed to go THAT slow. Hmm, that's strange. Do you have an idea to solve the sound problem by the way?

var music = new Audio("images/rymd2.mp3");
music.loop = true;
music.play();

Firefox does not support MP3 files. You should load OGG files if the browser is Firefox.

I'm getting owned. It would be cool if you could shoot faster, or move faster lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement