Have you submitted your nominations for worst comapny in America?

Started by
30 comments, last by way2lazy2care 11 years, 1 month ago

The website consumerist dot com is still taking nominations for worst company in America and you have until march 12, 5pm ET.

http://consumerist.com/tag/worst-company-in-america/

I have my favourites for this year all picked out, all three deserve to get golden poo.

EA Games, Monsanto, Directv

Advertisement
Those are a bit of a stretch. Those guys aren't evil, they are just delivering poor service.

They should look towards companies committing actual acts of evil, like Coca-Cola in some third world countries. I think the documentary (The Coca Cola Case) on that is still free to view online somewhere.

The Poo award is not for being evil, just poor interaction with customers.

It's a pity the US Government is not a company.

They should look towards companies committing actual acts of evil, like Coca-Cola in some third world countries.

Even here in Australia, they blackmail the state governments into not introducing recycling laws. One of the states recently dared to defy them, and is now being sued by Coke for introducing a system where the state will pay you 10c to return empty bottles.

WTF Coke?

If you rank the top 500 things in order of severity, that would be the one of the lowest things.

They pretty much own the water supply in one South American country. You can't collect rain water off your own roof and drink it. It belongs to Coke.

They are accused of telling people to quit their unions or be killed, and then further accused of actually following through with it. ther e is more than one case of this, in several south american countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Coca-Cola#Bottling_plant_murders

They are accused of using highly polluted waste water (to cut costs) in some of their over seas bottling plants.

They had Nazi ties.

I could go on listing stuff all day, and of all the stuff I am aware of, it seems to not even scratch the surface.

Using polluted water, killing people, making coke cheaper than water in some countries, lawfully owning every drop of water, etc, etc, is qualified as poor interaction with customers.

^ This may finally get me off my coke addiction. As in cola, I mean. WTF.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

If you rank the top 500 things in order of severity, that would be the one of the lowest things.

They pretty much own the water supply in one South American country. You can't collect rain water off your own roof and drink it. It belongs to Coke.

They are accused of telling people to quit their unions or be killed, and then further accused of actually following through with it. ther e is more than one case of this, in several south american countries.

They are accused of using highly polluted waste water (to cut costs) in some of their over seas bottling plants.

They had Nazi ties.

I could go on listing stuff all day, and of all the stuff I am aware of, it seems to not even scratch the surface.

Using polluted water, killing people, making coke cheaper than water in some countries, lawfully owning every drop of water, etc, etc, is qualified as poor interaction with customers.

This I didn't know ... :(

They had Nazi ties.

Pretty much every international company had free reign in latin america in the 70s and 80s. There have been many scary stuff going on in conjunction with the military governments. The only thing they had to do is point their finger and people be missing the next day.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Don't forget the Coca-Cola child labor scandals either, which are not from the 70s or 80s.

I'd cast my vote for Bank of America, or CountryWide, or UBS as worst companies.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement