Can I haz LNK2001?

Started by
15 comments, last by ranakor 11 years, 1 month ago

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/640090-error-lnk2001/ - Note: There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question posed in this thread.

I think we should have a new forum. It should be called LNK2001. Why? Because it is by far the most asked question on this site. It's more FAQ than the FAQ. Use C++? You probably have gotten LNK2001. Use Java? You probably have gotten a LNK2001. Use Brainf*ck? Yeah, we know you got a LNK2001. Every error in the history of programming can be traced to LNK2001. So why not have a forum dedicated to it and its brethen?

GameDev faithful, let your voice be heard! Vote in the poll. Post in your support for the issues! Let those who have suffered in the labyrinth of LNK2001 be able to find the threads of debugging freedom!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
IMO Google is sufficient.

IMO Google is sufficient.

That goes for a lot of questions being asked really

Google doesn't have convenience and coolness of a LNK2001 forum. All your questions to this family of errors will be in one place. Debugging glory at your fingertips. Google is just a wasteland of links that may or may not enlighten you. LNK2001 forum is where the developer goes to see that one can rise above despair.

The first link on Google (to MSDN) has a huge list of possible cases that can cause linker errors. I was pretty amazed.

Google doesn't have convenience and coolness of a LNK2001 forum. All your questions to this family of errors will be in one place. Debugging glory at your fingertips. Google is just a wasteland of links that may or may not enlighten you. LNK2001 forum is where the developer goes to see that one can rise above despair.

Of course, if this ultimately happens, the first link in Google would point to this hypothetical LNK2001 forum, making the argument moot.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Of course, if this ultimately happens, the first link in Google would point to this hypothetical LNK2001 forum, making the argument moot.

Actually what it would do is making Google the door way to Nirvana. So the forum itself would actually improve Google for the better.

Seeing as the people asking this question have failed to look it up on google first, I don't have high hopes that they'd be able to find the new appropriate forum to post in either tongue.png

Seeing as the people asking this question have failed to look it up on google first, I don't have high hopes that they'd be able to find the new appropriate forum to post in either tongue.png

Put it right above For Beginners :P

Wouldn't a sticky in the "For Beginners" forum accomplish a similar task?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement