breakout game

Started by
4 comments, last by Chad Smith 11 years, 1 month ago

well I have finally finished my breakout game using OpenGL and C++ How do I post it so that others can check it out?

Advertisement

You finished it! Congratulations! That's awesome! I've been following you for some time.

If you're using Microsoft Visual Studio, simply change your mode from "Debug Mode" to "Release Mode" and then compile your game. This will form a "Release" folder in your project. Any files (Images, Sounds, Videos, etc.) need to be put in the Release folder. Then, put your Release folder in a zip file and attach it to your post.

If you want to share your code, simply take all your coding files (.cpp and .h files) and put them in a zip folder, then attach that folder to your post.

Cheers :)!

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Nice game!

But I don't get is how is the link to the download inside the post of superman3275.

Nice game!

But I don't get is how is the link to the download inside the post of superman3275.

I think that is superman3275's sig...

A good place to post it is the Your Announcements section of GDnet.

Also, if you want to continue improving the game, want to make it open-source and want people to post bug reports, services like github to host your code and latest build is very important.

Don't worry if it is a beginner's project. It is good to start building your portfolio out of these simpler but personalized games.

Programming is an art. Game programming is a masterpiece!

Nice game!

It's not. That is superman3275's own Breakout Clone in his signature.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement