• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MIDI Warlord

MIDI Warlord Songs Animated On MidiJam

This topic is 1950 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

These are original songs by me, genres included are bossa nova, cumbia, goth, mambo, metal, oldies, and rock and roll.

Edited by MIDI Warlord

Advertisement

I'd be interested in hearing these songs with higher quality samples and a bit more production polish. You've got some nice ideas and are clearly passionate about composition but, frankly, the presentation could be working against you. For projects wanting a retro sound you could be perfect but for projects needing more realistic sounding tracks it wouldn't work out as well. 

Not sure what your set up is (i.e. PC or Mac, what DAWs you're using, etc) but consider investing in some better samples. They're coming down in price almost yearly and it can breathe so much more life into your work! Hope that helps!

Thanks, 

Nate

The above recordings are just from the default Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth from an old machine running Windows XP. Many of my songs are done on a Yamaha PSR-740 which is a very old piece of equipment also. Different soundfonts or emulators are always an option, though we do have an actual guitarist in the band.  Here are a few originals mixed on my PSR-740 (genres: easy listening, fusion, goth, mambo, metal, renaissance, techno):

Edited by MIDI Warlord

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!