Trouble compiling CEGUI 64 bit

Started by
0 comments, last by landagen 11 years, 1 month ago

I am trying to compile CEGUI in 64 bit VS 2012 and I am running into linking errors, but I cannot figure out why. The linking errors are as follows:

PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_compile referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl CEGUI::PCRERegexMatcher::setRegexString(class CEGUI::String const &)" (?setRegexString@PCRERegexMatcher@CEGUI@@UEAAXAEBVString@2@@Z)
2>PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_exec referenced in function "public: virtual enum CEGUI::RegexMatcher::MatchState __cdecl CEGUI::PCRERegexMatcher::getMatchStateOfString(class CEGUI::String const &)const " (?getMatchStateOfString@PCRERegexMatcher@CEGUI@@UEBA?AW4MatchState@RegexMatcher@2@AEBVString@2@@Z)
2>PCRERegexMatcher.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_pcre_free
I am attempting to statically link against the pcre_d.lib file which contains the suspected missing definitions. The thing that is throwing me off is that based on the __imp_ prefix it indicates to me CEGUI is looking for a dynamic link instead of using the static link, but I don't know how to tell it otherwise or maybe I am misunderstanding everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

Well of course right after I post my question, I finally found the answer. There was a define in the CEGUI adding the extern __declspec(dllimport) to the method declaration. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement