How do I implement multiple material in deferred shading?

Started by
5 comments, last by JohnnyCode 11 years, 1 month ago

How do I implement multiple material in deferred shading?

Do you have some great solution?

Thanks!

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Advertisement

Isn't their an article on the web about doing this with 8-bits of one of your gbuffer's rendertargets?

This was the second google result when searching for "deferred shading multiple materials" and could perhaps be of help. It has a link to another page from NVIDIA with more information. I just skimmed it through so I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

Isn't their an article on the web about doing this with 8-bits of one of your gbuffer's rendertargets?

Yes, But it's so terrible.

I want to present more material types in lighting stage, but I can't do that. One disadvantage of deferred shading is the limited amount of material types.

This was the second google result when searching for "deferred shading multiple materials" and could perhaps be of help. It has a link to another page from NVIDIA with more information. I just skimmed it through so I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

Whatever. Thank you to answer my question. Thank you very much!

Before that I was using the second method in that article, but I known some issue so that I shouldn't take this way.
Well, I have new idea as your help. Thank you.

deffered rendering demands one front pass, in which you fill the data to G buffers. Besides normals and position info, you can also fill in plain diffuse color, so I would render colors (materials) in front pass and have material pick logic in front shader. In deffered I would apply rest of shading that can be done on those data.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement