Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sound editing apps for voice effects...

This topic is 5897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hullo, I''m in the process of creating a small game and I want to add some sounds. I''d like to create robot voice effects, like that badass beast in one of the robocops... "you have three seconds to comply before i shoot" or something to that effect... So... what free apps are there out there that can do this sorta thing ? (windows or linux) cheers, rich

I recon good free sound editors are quite rare if not even non-existant. Goldwave has a few tricks that might accomplis what you seek (mechanise and a few robot flanges), but it''s shareware.

Audio Editors, both freeware and shareware courtesy of the Shareware Music Machine.

I believe that the demo version of the almighty SoundForge, from Sonic Foundry is not feature-limited, and has enough usuable effects to get you going.

Finally, AnalogX has a pretty cool voice synth that may suit your purposes, as well as load of other freeware music goodies.

Edited by - Colin Barry on October 22, 2001 6:36:10 AM