MCT decompresser

Started by
4 comments, last by hdxpete 11 years, 1 month ago

Hello,

got my hands on some MCT data and i'm trying to get the data out as bmp/tga. i tried looking around on google for a MCT decompresser however it seems since this format was exclusive to the xbox there isn't much of a decompresser.

Does anyone have a link to the format so i can decompress it myself and/or anyone's Google fuu better then mine at finding a decompresser?

Thanks

Advertisement

anyone that could help, it would be very much appreciated.

What is MCT data? I'm not familiar with the term, so that makes it totally impossible for me to try to help...

apparently on the XBOX 360. you can take S3TC texture data (DXT1, DXT3, DXT4, DXT5 data) and it is compressed (more) by a custom microsoft compression technique. only (public) information i've found about it is a patent microsoft made. yet in the patent it is still vague enough to not understand how to decompress the data properly.

this is a Microsoft and xbox 360 specific format. and i'd like to decompress it to TGA/BMP/raw RGBA. if i can get rid of the compression to the DXT1, DXT3, DXT4, DXT5 data i have code that will decompress that into raw RGBA.

anyone having any info on this compression and how to decode it would be very much appreciated.

If it's Xbox 360-specific than any information will be under NDA, and any tools would be restricted. Even if it weren't...I'm pretty sure that most people here aren't going to want to help you decode copyrighted game assets from an Xbox 360 game disc.

i understand your point and can see your point of view. non the less it is a texture format so i thought someone might have made a decoder already. especially the home brew crowd or those trying to make a xbox 360 emulator. however since you are worried. i will not post further about it and if you like you may lock the thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement