Sign in to follow this  

Would you play game like this? [RPG]

This topic is 1763 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There are lots of games like this...

that being said I LOVE these RPG open world/random world grindfest so I would play it. Just have a good sense of scale and progression in context with the world you are in. I.E. it's hard to kill a wolf but by level 10 you are stepping on them

It's definitely interesting. I've never had iOS or Android so I can't tell whether this has been done before or not, but it sure is interesting. 

You should focus a little on the Lore in general. I see there will be no story or whatsoever but the theme is essential for more engaging play.

I'd not worry about a game without story / lore.

Players can make sense of the environment. just by seeing the graphics and designs would build a story setting in mind, its an automated process, a natural habit.

I wouldn't speak for all. And always an option for you, is to release a game without story first, then if it really sells, release an expansion that implements quests.

Although, a single player world like that makes you lonely, when you dont even have NPC to interact with.

The concern remaining is the fact that there are too many out there. Examples include The Blockheads (iOS) and Terraria.

All you need is just ONE selling point that makes yours different from the rest, and its an experience the majority could not find elsewhere, then you'd hit the jackpot,

What other similar games on mobile have not succeeded to do, is refined control. The android ver of minecraft failed completely. Blockheads tried to improve that, but i haven't tested it nor heard feedbacks. So my personal opinion is if you can design the game control / GUI that is comfortable and efficient on android, you'd win my heart.

Sign in to follow this