Steps on How to Become a game Developer

Started by
34 comments, last by jpetrie 11 years ago

yes and I do appreciate them. but giving dislikes is something very rude. ..

I do accept and appreciate all the critics. and I am not complaining about the criticism.

these are two completely different thing from each other. and yes I do accept and carry on with every single feedback that I get, but these are not feedback (the negatives, and The teasing, some guys messaged me and said do you take these videos seriously?). I'm sure you yourself don't count them as criticizes .

and yes, I really don't have anything to show you as prototype or anything you say, but I am telling you that I am experienced and I worked in different teams and groups. but unfortunately I didn't have any published work cause non of our works , cause we couldn't finish them up. indie game development need money, and when you are not in USA you can not publish games that much easy. I can't do anything for it, so stop teasing, If you don't believe me , then no problem.

I think you believe in me too. there is so much difference between criticizing and teasing.

and it is not on purpose, but they had been put in a situation, and start giving negative feedback whatever I say.

so if you think you see that I am type of people who love criticizes cause they really help us to grow, but the answer of teasing , and these dislikes are nothing less than the replay that I just gave.

and I'm not talking about you sirs. but about those actions

Advertisement

this website's member are just start thinking and acting against me. I'm really sorry for you.

I advertised this videos in so many websites and I get so many good , positive and negative feedback from polite people.

The Only thing that I get from here is "NEGATIVE" , even when I'm explaining the Most important thing in games, limitation.

If you haven't read I don't care, but if you want to act like losers and just put negatives and dislikes on my posts , you are on your own.

it is very rude.I can see it. everyone is acting some kind of weird.

and I know I get some dislikes from this post too. cause who cares , "that guy is posting , boo that shit, he is stupid!!!"

I'm sorry for this website and it's members.

I don't think anyone has purposely been rude or negative, just tried to point out how you can improve your videos and teaching ability.

well I'm not getting anything from rude actions and dislikes. All I'm saying is that we worked hard on these series and we series at least like , Good lucks and Thanks.

then if there is any feedback I would be glad to hear. this is not the way. just think for a moment. put yourself in my place.

I just explained a very important and famous thing about limit and freedom , and I get Dislikes. anyone could get offended by this. just put yourself in my situation and see.
If there is anything wrong just tell me. they just get some bad views over me. and start teasing whatever I say.

My impressions are that the videos are too long, or alternately that the actual content is too sparse. I'd suggest getting to the point earlier and being more efficient, since presumably the videos are intended to convey information and teach and not necessarily to entertain.

I did like the humor, I would not take that out.

Also, the first two videos seem like mostly a waste of time... since they cover little ground as far as teaching the actual topic (i.e. how to become a game developer). I'd suggest skipping going over what games are, and just assume that people know what a game is and what constitutes a game. I'd start off with describing what the breakdown is of skills, jobs, and responsibilities within a project or dev team/studio. Then once you have that breakdown, you can proceed to what specific knowledge and education you need for each.

I also agree with comments above that you need to start off with some explanation of your qualifications and relevant experience. Presuming that you have decent qualifications, this will instill confidence in the people watching the videos, and preempt the inevitable arguments and criticisms about your qualification and whether you should even be making the videos.

Thanks.
Yeah I will put my Bio in the next video. it is ready, and I will put it in Wednesday.

Yeah, in the next video we are going to talk about first two steps and the element of video games.

and after that we are going trough game dev team , what are the professions in there are what each do.

then we will have a FAQ part of video.

then we are going to cover some knowledge about game engines.

now the BASIC parts get over (6 parts) and From part 7 we are going trough engine. let me not say which game engine.

after that we are going trough 2 more game engines and cover the coding and art designing in each.

in the middle of these video I teach the content of video games , assets, terrain, textures, models, different techniques.

after that we are going to cover the game creation outside of game engines , like text-based games, and other things like tic-tac-toe in C++ , C# , Python & etc.

then we are going to mention the game designing techniques, how to create a character, how to right story. I my self am writer too, I past so many writing classes when I were kid, so I know that there are so many empty holes in game stories today , so we are going to cover them academic.

then after that we are going to create our own game engine using C++(not sure, but it seems the best choice).

I've been a programmer for 6 years, and game designer for than that time. maybe 9 years, and I know my way. If I didn't had any published work it doesn't mean I don't know anything, that's because of millions of reasons and one of them is money.

that was a quick and overall overview over these series. it may change, and other contents may be added.

"From part 6 we are going to start working on game engine, start programming"

Wait... you're going to start doing actual things in part six? As soon as all that? Are you sure that's not rushing things?

"imagine if you have full access to the laser beam in your eyes,"

You should probably talk to someone about those. Someone... more... erm... Professional.

yes, in part 7. that doesn't mean learning is ended, we will still have game designing parts too. no I think that good, most of the feedbacks are about "when we are going to learn how to become a game developer?" and they are right. I think this 6 parts , that are about 45 mins are enough for a quick start.

and please specify the problem that you have with that sentence , maybe I can explain to you in other ways.

thnx for feedback.

Morning all!

JackB

I don't think anyone has purposely been rude or negative, just tried to point out how you can improve your videos and teaching ability.

Maybe not deliberately rude or negative, but some if it came across that way I think. It is difficult in writing to always play the ball and not the man.

As I said above, try to keep criticism to something specific: this content is incorrect; that lighting is poor; too long; too short.

If you hate it utterly, easy, don't engage.

now the BASIC parts get over (6 parts) and From part 7 we are going trough engine. let me not say which game engine.

If each video is about 15 minutes long, then I'd say spending 6 videos talking about "basics" is much, much too long. I guarantee you that you will lose your audience quickly.

I'd say that you can cover all the basics in 1 - 2 videos. Any more than that without getting into specifics will be unwatchable.

Even if you will be concentrating on one area of development, like programming, there is way too much ground to cover if you're moving at such a pace. Especially if you want to get into actually writing a game engine... then you should be getting into stuff that involves actual code by the 3rd or 4th video.

sorry, but all of the basic video already been captured and edited. and the others are about 10 min.

I tried my best to not make it boring. thanks for feedback

sorry, but all of the basic video already been captured and edited. and the others are about 10 min.

I tried my best to not make it boring. thanks for feedback

I understand, but this might be a good point to seriously reconsider whether you want to continue on the same path, or start over differently. I can almost guarantee you that no one will site through 60 minutes of "basic" stuff before they get to what they're actually there for. Also, if you plan to cover so much stuff, including making an actual game engine, then you're talking a lot of videos. Redoing the early ones wouldnt be that hard because you wouldnt be remaking 6 videos... you'd be making maybe 2.

I'll leave it at that, but maybe others can back me up here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement