Steps on How to Become a game Developer

Started by
34 comments, last by jpetrie 11 years ago

it is less, it is about 40,45 min.

and remember that this series is for the begginers, so it is essential. and you think that was easy. these 6 videos took about 6 months of work. don't judge it quickly.

Advertisement

it is less, it is about 40,45 min.

and remember that this series is for the begginers, so it is essential. and you think that was easy. these 6 videos took about 6 months of work. don't judge it quickly.

I'm sure a lot of work went into the videos. But, you need to know when things are working and when they're not. If you think the videos work fine, then please continue with what you'e doing. But, if you decide they're not working, then it's better to start again than to keep making more videos. Even if you make the new videos differently, you still have the current ones that the viewers will have to watch. And if those videos turn off people, then all the work you're doing is a waste of time.

I'd say take a look at these videos:

">

">

">

or some from this person:

">

to always play the ball and not the man.

That expression, when not on the basketball court or soccer pitch, is easily misconstrued. :)

[Update 1]

Part 3 just released. watch it , don't forget to Like and Subscribe. this part is about the first steps, and the video game elements.

" title="External link">

Time investment doesn't give you a buy on the quality (or lack thereof) of your result. You dropped 6 months on something and THEN asked for feedback, with your guard prepared for any negative criticism saying "but I spent so much time on it."

That doesn't work. I'm a horrible cook. If I spent all day in the kitchen making a full-course meal from scratch, and it still tasted awful, people aren't going to want to eat it. (Or if they do, it's painful and solely out of pity).

This doesn't sound like you're in search of feedback, but rather back-patting. People have been honest with you: the audience you're most likely to reach (active forum members on a game development site) are telling you that your videos aren't properly addressing the actual needs of beginners (people that want to start making their game idea). I think you're underestimating the knowledge already obtained by your average "beginner" game developer: anyone searching the internet for resources has found plenty of them.

The majority of your received responses here are of the "woah, slow down, change course before you spend any more time on the current heading" variety, and I'm willing to bet the downvotes are expressing the desire to keep quality information out there for people.

Hazard Pay :: FPS/RTS in SharpDX (gathering dust, retained for... historical purposes)
DeviantArt :: Because right-brain needs love too (also pretty neglected these days)

Closed. For Beginners isn't the place to post your tutorials or video guides (it's for beginners to ask questions), nor is it your blog.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement