Steps on How to Become a game Developer

Started by
34 comments, last by jpetrie 11 years ago

[Update 1]

Part 3 just released. watch it. this part is about the first steps, and the video game elements. and I also added a short BIO of myself in the YouTube video's descriptions.
don't forget to Like and Subscribe.

logoqvd.png

Steps on how to become a game developer

This is the new series of YouTube videos that started with a single question: “How can I become a Game Developer?”

These series starts with a simple routine in the early parts. In these parts we mention how these tutorials are created and what are they based on. In these parts we also show you the first steps on the way of becoming a game developer. These tutorials will teach you about video game development team, different roles in the team, how video games do created, or even some very basic knowledge like the definition of the game.

After these basics we go on and actually work with game engines, we’ll teach you the basics of programming and creating visual arts, and then from these levels we’ll transcend into the higher and professional ones. You will understand the level designing, programming in C#, C++, Python, Java & etc., working with 3D softwares like 3Dsmax and Maya, and the skills in different part of creating a video game.

In my own opinion (and maybe so many others’ too) creating and developing a video game is the hardest skill between the computer skills. These skills should be learnt throw a class, or with a mentor. What is better than a free online class of learning video game developing? These videos (Our classes) are created in a classified order, and also some fun theme had been added to these, so you can have a fun and useful time while you’re learning.

Plus the technical tutorials we will also have some lessons about how to create and optimize your story for the video games, how to create characters, how to draw the levels in the best way on the paper, and so many other game designing tutorials too. So we can call it a step by step Game Developing Tutorial.

So this is going to be a series of videos, with hours and hours of videos that is going to go on YouTube. We will try our best to put a new video in every week. So please follow us throw YouTube by SUBSCRIBING us on “MobinS VGV” Channels. All of the videos of “Steps on How to Become a Game Developer” ‘s series going to come up on MobinS VGV(Video Games’ Videos) , so please subscribe us from channels so you can follow these videos. Here is Link to the channel:

http://youtube.com/MobinSVGV

and please also like us on Facebook , cause as you know these videos are created without any budget , so the only thing that can make us happy is ONLY your support , so PLEASE Like us on Facebook , and Subscribe us on YouTube. Here is link to the Facebook page:

http://facebook.com/StepsOnHowToBecomeAGameDeveloper

And this is video #1 that is the introduction. Sorry for the low video and audio quality, as the videos went on, we tried to develop and upgrade their features. This is the Link to the first two parts of series:

(Introduction)

(Basics)

So follow us and be ready for the next videos on the channel. And please if you have any suggestion or criticism that you want to tell us, please contact us though YouTube or Facebook and we will answer you as soon as we can do. So please support us by clicking the Subscribe and Like buttons, and please send this text to your friend that you think these videos going to be useful for them. Hope you have a good day/night/day/night, Bye!

Mobin Shakeri

mobinswide.png

Advertisement

Um, OK, up front I want you to realize that this feedback is meant entirely in a polite manner, I am not in the slightest attacking you.

First, I would highly suggest you get your look right from day one. If your video is washed out and hard to watch initially, people wont stick around to see if they improve. So this: Sorry for the low video and audio quality, as the videos went on, we tried to develop and upgrade their features is a major mistake. If anything, you should put your most time and effort into your first video, those are the ones people will evaluate on.

Second, you don't have commercial rights to any of the music you are using, be careful there, you *CAN* be sued. Although the more likely outcome is that your videos will be yanked from YouTube for using infringing music. Don't get me wrong, millions of youtube videos do it, but then, millions of videos get taken down too... The music is tertiary to what you are trying to do, so little sense risking a take down order over something that adds little to the end result.

Third, and this is going to sound most harsh... do you know about game design, development or asset creation? Too many of these types of projects become a simple matter of the blind leading the blind. I skimmed your first two videos and found very little of actual substance that indicates that you are particularly knowledgeable about any of those key subjects. I am not saying you aren't, I am simply say your videos to this point don't really make it clear. If you do in fact have these technical skills, I would highly suggest your front load your videos so people can SEE that you have the skills you are talking about, making it worthwhile to invest the time in your series.

Finally, I realize that not everyone is English as a first language and I recognize the difficulties that can present. This isn't a matter of accent, I found your pronunciation clear enough, but your choice of wording or more critically, your written language above is much more difficult to understand. In most cases, this isn't really a huge deal, but when talking about tutorials about highly technical subjects, it is very important to be as clear and concise as possible. If you are working from a script, you may want to have it vetted first. If you aren't, perhaps you should consider it... in fact, most video tutorials should.

That said, good luck with the video series.

thank you very much. I've found it useful , and yes I know these problems , and well I try my best , hope I get succesful in this way. thanks you , I'll try better on the words and explanations , I realized it before too. about the knowledge yes, but it is not the time , from video number 7 it is going to be more pro as we are going to work with an actual game engine. about the music you are right , hope it doesn't make any trouble , I'm working on a music for my videos. thank you!

You don't seem like a real game developer. Do you have any credentials to share with your viewers, such as an education and industry experience? I'm sure they'd like to know why you're someone they should listen to.

You don't seem like a real game developer. Do you have any credentials to share with your viewers, such as an education and industry experience? I'm sure they'd like to know why you're someone they should listen to.

you are right.of course I had experiences. I work as game designer , but unfortunately non of our projects had been published, because of so many think , specially financial problem and lack of sponsor. you are right , I actually don't have any published work to show you? but I assure you that I had experiences. we are working on a indie game right now, I think we will have our trailer in 6 months , if you want to wait you would see

I really didn't get annoyed with the things that you said , you criticized me and that was good right, but that person who gave me negative mark above really made me sad.
I had made these video , put about half a year on those just for you , even if it is the worst you don't have right to do these actions. it's really impolite and inhumane. I am really sorry for you.

it really hurt me, even the worst work deserves a "Good luck" , not negative mark... I'm really sorry for these actions. after all of these times that I had been working on these series, I see what I deserve...

I really didn't get annoyed with the things that you said , you criticized me and that was good right, but that person who gave me negative mark above really made me sad.
I had made these video , put about half a year on those just for you , even if it is the worst you don't have right to do these actions. it's really impolite and inhumane. I am really sorry for you.

it really hurt me, even the worst work deserves a "Good luck" , not negative mark... I'm really sorry for these actions. after all of these times that I had been working on these series, I see what I deserve...

I'm not really sure what you are talking about?

I found it oddly compelling.

I mean the -1 , on the main post...

I mean the -1 , on the main post...

There is no -1.

Besides, don't take that to heart. Anyone can down vote you for any reason. In all honesty, if that bothers you that much, you might want to reconsider putting material up on the internet. I mean, I've been on the receiving end of DDoS attacks because some script kiddy took offense to me insulting his favorite programming language.

THe internet is many things, nice is rarely one of them. Learn to clean what you can from criticism, but dont take it too personally.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement