Hi I'm Doni......................................

Started by
9 comments, last by nsmadsen 11 years ago

HEY GUYS

wow um just wanted to say hello and take a listen to my music if you get a chance. Definitely not saying I'm here to work on any projects. Just trying to introduce myself in a way that doesn't get my thread instantly locked.

No idea, honestly I think I might just say peace out to this forum if that's what the admins do (lock threads without saying hello, that sort of thing)

a bit miffed now...

Advertisement

Your post was locked because you stated:

Anyways, you can check my sig for all the necessary links. I can tell you now that I make electronic music in 3 major genres: house, chillout, and dubstep. I wouldn't place my music in the "a-typical clone sound" genre. I like to make fun and somewhat hypnotic music. Guys, I'm basically trying to say I'm a big deal and you want to work with me. lol I'm just joking. How the heck am I supposed to sell myself here? I'm pretty sure most of these posts get overlooked, especially since everybody here is probably grinding away at their craft, be it coding, designing, whatever.

So anyways, hope to hear from somebody. If not, I'll active hound mode. You've been warned!

It certainly reads like an attempt to recruit for work - which I've already stated is something you're free to do in the Classifieds section. If that's not enough just look at the title of your OP:

Hi I'm Doni, here to make your VGM! smile.png

You're clearly trying to sell yourself and your services which isn't the focus on the Music and Sound forum. If you'd like to share your music for feedback or discuss gear or techniques you've used in the past - go for it! But looking for work is restricted to the Classifieds section. This is stated in the forum rules and if you had spent just a tiny bit of time you'd see another closed post (and my similar explanation) posted recently in the thread. Since you made no effort to ask for feedback or make a discussion but instead tried to recruit work - I closed your post. But not without first explaining why.

Making a secondary post where all you're doing is ranting against the admin is probably not going to give you the type of positive attention and contacts you're seeking. If you want to be a positive impact and member of the forum - you're more than welcome here! If you're going to break rules and then throw mini-rants... then I doubt you'll be very successful here. smile.png It's really up to you. I'll leave this post open (for now) if you wish to respond in a positive manner but can choose to lock it if all you want to do is argue.

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Hello Doni,

Sorry for the rough welcome - I have to agree with Nate though, you're not really in a position to argue here.

You had a chance to read up on the forum rules which are stickied at the top for everyone to see, and if you had checked out the rest of the forum like someone willing to contribute would have, you'd have seen a few threads that were locked up for that exact reason, right on the first page.
And just as a side-note, that kind of attention is what I'd be looking for if I were looking for a new team member.

Hope you're not too miffed! I like to think we're a friendly bunch over here, it's just that most forums get really cluttered with all the portfolio posts and other people pay good money to appear in the Classifieds section - so it's only fair to lock threads like yours instantly.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

guys, although you clearly feel very secure that your passive aggressive paragraphs long explanations defending your actions are justified, you fail to realize that I haven't sold anything. I've offered my services for free. Nobody is going to pay to offer their services for free. I'm not that desperate and let's be honest, there are other development forums that have just as many good people on them and they haven't treated me like this.

I think you guys have been locked up in internet land a bit too long. Let's think about some other ways Nate could have handled the situation with my previous topic:

1. Not instantly locked the thread and said "hello, I don't understand sarcasm, can you please clarify if you are trying to sell your services? If so, that goes in the classified section."

2. Sent a PM, knowing full well that this kind of post is harmless, giving me a chance to adjust the post myself

You guys aren't dumb. And I know I'm not crazy. I'm also 100% sure that this has happened before. I think you're just going to lock this thread and mark it as irrelevant, but I sincerely hope you think about the process here and how it could scare good people away. Unless that's your goal. Prove me wrong.

guys, although you clearly feel very secure that your passive aggressive paragraphs long explanations defending your actions are justified, you fail to realize that I haven't sold anything. I've offered my services for free.

That doesn't mean that it's not a recruitment request - paid or not. Our long and "passive aggressive" paragraphs are written to inform, not cover up insecurity. Personally, I think you're a little embarrassed that your first post was tossed because you failed to read the stickied forum rules. This isn't a "Nice car - clearly compensating for something" deal. It's a matter of principle.

I think you guys have been locked up in internet land a bit too long.

No, we've just been locked up in following-forum-rules land. It's really trending right now.

I'm also 100% sure that this has happened before.

Yep! Newbies have failed to read he rules before posting before.

*Ahem!* Sorry, but I do enjoy a good argument.

All that being said, I'll consider contacting you if I can't get my regular sound guy - I do a lot of arcade games, so simple techno loops are pretty much my entire repertoire.

simple techno loops? was that an attempt to insult me? BTW who the hell are you? I can accept arguments from people who have been on this forum for more than HOURS

Jeez, someone's touchy.

I used to go by MisterFuzzy, but that account became too cluttered, so I started a new one.

Perhaps you shouldn't get so a$$hurt whenever someone replies to your smart-a$$ comments.

You see, the first comment you post that actually follows forum rules should not openly rant against the moderators that locked your violating topic, and surely your second and third shouldn't lash out against those who pointed out your mistake. You asked for a job. You almost had one. Then you decided to post a smart-ass reply, and pretty much sank your reputation. Just because a job is simple, doesn't mean that it's demeaning. If you did well, I probably would have asked you to make some music for my game Xenith, a 3D RPG that is nearing completion. But whatever. Your choice.

Anyway, I should probably delete this old account. Too much spam.

"Only idiots quote themselves" - MisterFuzzy

MisterFuzzy.... as anybody out there with commonsense can see, you're trolling me. You don't have any games in the works and why would I ever work with someone as dense as you? This forum is really taking a nose dive in my view. Bunch of 10 year old redditers here

Enough bickering kiddies. cool.png

Franky: You can follow the same rules as everyone else, or you can leave -- your choice. Personally I think our community is generally pretty friendly and that you can get a lot out of it if you approach it the right way, but if you don't think it's valuable no one is making you post here.

You've had the rules explained to your clearly, and they were also available for you to read before you initially posted had you elected to do so. If you'd like to follow those rules -- just like everyone else -- then you're more than welcome to share your music, and I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback and perhaps make a few new contacts. If you don't want to follow the rules or don't think this community has any value then don't waste your time and ours by arguing. It's completed up to you.

Timmy: You're not really helping by engaging in childish argument.

Topic closed.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement