Toolbar in C++ and OpenGL

Started by
2 comments, last by JMinator31 11 years ago

I am making a 3D app in OpenGL. It just loads some textured primitives and moves around the scene. But it's purpose isn't important. I recently added a toolbar to the app, and when the app starts, the toolbar flashes for a split second and then disappears, but it still maintains all of it's functionality (if you click where one of the buttons should be, it will execute the function accordingly). I need to know how I can fix this.

Advertisement

Are you redrawing the toolbar every frame? Remember that once you swap the buffers the contents of the framebuffer are undefined and you're supposed to redraw everything.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
A little offtopic, but are you making a toolbar because you need one, or because you want to learn to hand-code one? Is it to be used by the player, or is it for development purposes?

Hand-coding UI becomes a huge time sink the moment you need more than a few simple buttons. If you just need the functionality, it would be a good idea to use a solid existing UI toolkit.

Thanks for the replies

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement