I'm in the right way?

Started by
5 comments, last by Migi0027 11 years ago

Hello, i started learning DX9 but i don't know if i'm in the right way, can anyone say me how can i discover if i'm the right way?

I'm understanding concepts, but some functions i don't know.

Advertisement

Do you use C++? C#? Or managed Directx? And what kind of concepts are you talking about?

Please give us some more information as this is too little to go after...

Either way, in my experience the key is never to give up smile.png . So if you don't know some functions, don't be scared, just try to figure out what they do, you could google it.

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

I'm using C++, not using managed.

Concepts like back face culling, swap chain and another things.

Do you understand, in the case of swap chains, how they work? And just don't know how to use them?

I'm just trying to understand your question...

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

This tutorial covers some of the basics:

http://directxtutorial.com/Lesson.aspx?lessonid=11-4-1

And then how to use some of them:

http://directxtutorial.com/Lesson.aspx?lessonid=11-4-2

No, i know how they work and how use them, but another things i not remember the functions.

I started this topic to ask if i need to remember all functions and concepts.

You don't NEED to remember ALL functions...

Now I'm not in the real industry yet, so this is just my personal opinion, but I don't remember all functions, just the nessesary, and some times I Google them if nessesary. But either way, you will start remembering the functions after a while of using Directx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement