• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tedlin01

Unity Screen Capture Specific Window

This topic is 1915 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright, I am using Unity3D and there is no native way to record the output from Unity3D. I have been able to solve this by capturing one screenshot each frame at 30 FPS and then using ffmpeg to convert the images to a videoclip. Problem is that this is very messy and slow. 

What I want is something like FRAPS, but I want to be able to control the "Screen Capture-Application" from within Unity3Ds .Net Process features.

----

Example:

The user that is playing my game that is created with unity3d clicks the button "Start Record".
A Unity c# scripts starts a process in the background that is named "X Screen Recorder". 

I send parameters for which windowhandler to record.

X Screen Recorderd starts recording all output from that window.

When the player Press "Stop Record".

X Screen Recorder stops recording and saves the file to disk and we are done.

The user thougth that the screen recording was made by Unity but accually its a background process..

----

Any tips will be useful!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!