Trouble Getting DirectXTK to Work

Started by
0 comments, last by niyoko 11 years ago

Hello,

I hate that my first post has to be asking for help, but I'll never learn if I don't ask.

I'm trying to get DirectXTK's Windows Store DirectX C++ Base sample to build, and I'm running into a lot of errors. I'd like to be able to use DirectXTK to port my DirectX11 terrain engine to Windows Store apps, but the errors I'm getting are making to process difficult. The most prominent error is that DXGI_FORMAT_B4G4R4A4_UNORM and D2D1_PIXEL_FORMAT are undefined.

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 on Windows 8. I've followed the instructions for setting up DirectXTK in an VS2012 project, but I'm unable to set Reference Assembly Output to false and remain false. The problem with Reference Assembly Output is that it keeps reverting back to true. I don't know if this is the heart of the problem.

I'd like to at least get the sample working so I can study from it. I want to create a shader resource view from a file. Has anyone else experienced these problems and got DirectXTK working? or can give some help as to how to get it working?

If there is anymore information that you need that would help out, please feel free to ask and I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Advertisement

Well I seemed to have found what was wrong. I feel like a fool. I changed the build over to x64 and it built and ran with no problems. Prior to this post I've been working with DirectX 11 on the desktop and created a Win32 terrain engine. I forgot to check if the platform was the problem.

Thank you for those that have taken the time to read this post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement