this is the beginning of the end.

Started by
26 comments, last by blueshogun96 11 years ago

You've reiterated some common sentiments, but no plan of action. As Gandhi said, you must be the change you want to see in the board.

Whoa, Gandhi was online?

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Advertisement

The decision to suspend the IOTD but not notifying people properly about it or showing that somehow

I found that a bit of a shock as well, especially as the IOTD is probably the area of the site that's filled with the most praise and encouragement and camaraderie smile.png

Ah, I thought it was just me. I've been wondering why I could never submit an topic for IOTD. Well, I should have taken advantage of it before because I have a few things I'd like to unveil and hopefully get some positive and negative feedback on before I go blindly releasing something that could possibly damage my reputation.

Shogun.

You've reiterated some common sentiments, but no plan of action. As Gandhi said, you must be the change you want to see in the board.

Whoa, Gandhi was online?

Of course, what with quotes like these...

ClT4D5T.jpg

...snip...

congratulations sir, you've won one interwebz.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Well there's the issue that most experts online are amateurs... and a lot of expertise is made up / faked on spot. Goes for any forum really, and for real world as well (people good at faking expertise often get promoted). What is good about this forum is that besides this faker majority which is present everywhere, there's also plenty of people who actually know things they are talking about. Which is more than can be said about most places.

Well, I should have taken advantage of it before because I have a few things I'd like to unveil and hopefully get some positive and negative feedback on before I go blindly releasing something that could possibly damage my reputation.

We'll have a new system in place soon... but unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how soon yet.

In the meantime, perhaps you could try posting your images either in the Visual Arts forum or as a developer journal post to collect feedback -- hope that helps! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Why should everybody here strive to be writing professional quality code? What about making games for the fun of it? Is that not a valid pursuit? Who are you to judge? We are all human.

Well. Sure everyone has the right to produce garbage if it pleases, but then if people who just don't care start giving advice to newbies, the fun ends.
It is reasonable to assume that anyone in their right mind would like to improve and at least not do things which have long proven to be bad practises, and with that assumption comes the advice you complain about.

Well, I should have taken advantage of it before because I have a few things I'd like to unveil and hopefully get some positive and negative feedback on before I go blindly releasing something that could possibly damage my reputation.

We'll have a new system in place soon... but unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how soon yet.

In the meantime, perhaps you could try posting your images either in the Visual Arts forum or as a developer journal post to collect feedback -- hope that helps! smile.png

Indeed, that's better than sitting around doing nothing! Appreciate the response.

Shogun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement