python browser games

Started by
4 comments, last by tp9 11 years ago
i recently finished a game for the blood in the water themed mini ludum dare that i made in pygame. unfortunately pygame is annoying to make exe with so now im not even sure if im gonna upload my game. but that got me thinking is there anyway to upload pygame games to browsers? iv heard about iron python and pyjs which translate python code to java allowing you to make web games and there's another thing called web2py for web dev. .i was planning on just relearnig htm5 and learning some java but now l im thinking about just learning about pyjs or should i go with ironpython instead?

does anyone have any advice or info on the subject.
Advertisement

PyJS converts from Python to Javascript, not Java. Java and Javascript are two different languages.

I think your best bet would be to use PyJS. You will mostly likely need to do some Javascript editing because there might be bugs in the conversion process, but I think it is definitely the best way to got for web games. Its extremely powerful if used properly (e.g. Mozilla and Epic Games just recently completed their conversion of Unreal Engine 3 to Javascript).

Some favourite quotes:Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
- Steve Wozniak

The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written.
- Bill Gates

There's always one more bug.
- Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology

Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us.
- Jean Rostand

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
- Clifford Stoll

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
- Robert Orben

Computing is not about computers any more. It is about living.
- Nicholas Negroponte

I think I'm gonna mess around with Gamejs(its very similar to pygame) and coffeescript. I found this online and coffeescript looks like it could save me a lot of trouble. Iv been messing around with it all night
http://qpatterns.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/try-coffeescript-the-python-way/

CoffeeScript is gonna be the way to go in terms of Javascript languages. I've used it in the past and the syntax is very easy to pickup if you have experience with Python.

Some favourite quotes:Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
- Steve Wozniak

The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written.
- Bill Gates

There's always one more bug.
- Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology

Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us.
- Jean Rostand

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
- Clifford Stoll

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
- Robert Orben

Computing is not about computers any more. It is about living.
- Nicholas Negroponte

yea python is my main language. i checked it out and it looks pretty darn close to python heck it looks better than python! im gonna take your advice and brush up on my javascript just in case(i only know the basics) right now im trying to wrap my head around basically starting from scratch. i love python but javascript has everything i want and more so i think coffeescript is the best bet.

thanks for helping me out with all this

How is the conversion going? Have you posted it online?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement