Mesh seriously deformed after export

Started by
14 comments, last by lucky6969b 11 years ago

I have a human character to export. There is an editable mesh sitting on the bottom, physique in the middle and Xform on the top.

I am using Pandasoft exporter, I export bones, animations with correct time range, say the marker is up to 125, i set it to 0-125 (is it correct?), after the export, the character looks like a dwarf, and legs are nearly ok, but the body the coat the pants are way off. Let me know

Thanks

Jack

Advertisement

Anyone could PM an email to me so that he can help me rig that character.

I am a programmer so that it is a difficult job for me.

Thanks

Jack

Please watch this to help me.

I know many people don't, but...

Thanks

Jack

Max is notorious at screwing up animations when dealing with DX files. If you want a good export for DX file you have to do the following...

Load a model with a physique

Apply BIP file

Export to DX model, I use the Pandasoft exporter for that

If you load a model with animations and try to export it to a .X file, it will be totally screwed up. Always save your model without anims if you plan on adding additional anims to it. For some reason Max doesn't save the physique with anims properly, it's an extra step that isn't necessary but if your dealing with DX anims it is.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

More modelling problem, might be the model itself is not that good. After I left the animations alone, the pose of the exported character is still a bit strange.

Do you know where to download some prebaked rigged characters with bones and simple walk loop?

Free of charge would be better off.

thanks

Jack

Hi there,

I've applied a bip file to my model now, it works absolutely great. But one thing, I'd like export the model as the models is staying within the stagnant positions while it can animate only. Just like a fake walk. When using the bip file, the .x file is moving forward, if I take this to my application, the model will move forward as it is animated. Let me know

Once you load up your animation file in the motion tab, look directly underneath the load icon and you should see 'Display and Modes'. Click on the + sysmbol to open it up. In there you will see a circle in a circle (In Place Mode). Click it to turn it on. Now resave your animation BIP file. That will clean all X/Y movement from the animation. Then reload you model without the anim and reload the BIP file you just saved.

For free rigged models, simply use google with this search term

allintext:free rigged characters max

Here is a good site for pre-rigged models

http://rigsarena.blogspot.com/

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

Here is a good site for pre-rigged models

http://rigsarena.blogspot.com/

Thanks LancerSolurus,

I will be looking into it.

Jack

And I got another bip file problem, when I loaded it (as my max version is 2012), it said the file was obsolete and needed to be resaved, then it crashed and got kicked out to Windows.

Thanks

Jack

Only suggestion in that case is to try an older version of max or put it on a download site and let me try getting it to save...

Youtube Channel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement