Ouya Launch Party

Started by
11 comments, last by NeoRetro 11 years ago
Anyone else here?
[attachment=14540:Ouya.jpg]
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

Wow, the console looks a lot bigger than it did in their promo videos! cool.png

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed to learn it wouldn't fit in my house...
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Looks big enough for the GPU, CPU and RAM to be actual, mechanical devices...

Maybe they just decided to include an integrated virtual reality room with all the extra money they received...

o3o

I really wish I would not have bought one of these things. It seems like a waste of money in hindsight.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

I really wish I would not have bought one of these things. It seems like a waste of money in hindsight.

Have you played it yet? We spent all night playing our two Ouyas and it's actually a ton of fun. Get a SNES/N64/whatever emulator and you can reminisce the old times. We played Contra III and Zelda forever last night and it was a ton of fun being able to do it on a proper TV with a controller as opposed to on a computer with an emulator.

There's also some really clever games. Fist of Awesome is hilarious. Dub Wars was actually pretty fun and a good audio/visual game. Puddle is pretty interesting, but a little slow for me. Canabalt is on there and of course that's cool. StalagFight was also really awesome.

It'll also serve as a cool media PC replacement for me. But mostly I'm excited for the indie games that will come out. I think it's going to give a lot of people the opportunity to make a console based game, with a TV and a controller, that otherwise wouldn't be able to and we'll see some real gems come out of it.

No such luck for me, but glad to hear they're ready to start shipping. I was a backer pretty early on, so I hope it'll show up in the next week or two.

The emulators are nice to have, but you can do that on just about anything. I'm more interested in seeing what the indies produce.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

That's the free game it comes bundled with. It's called "Try And Get This F*cker Into Your Living Room".

Edit: whoops, fixed quote

I love you guys.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement