Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best books

This topic is 5897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a very strange question, but could someone rank these books by preference (1 is the highest) and tell why: Beginning Direct3D Game Programming Multiplayer Game Programming The Zen of Direct3D Game Programming I am actually trying to learn D3D, but I''ve heard a couple of arguments that say that Multiplayer teaches D3D as well as any other D3D book.

i only have multiplayer game programming, and it''s a very good book if you are new to winsock and directplay. i have heard that beginning direct3d programming is not all that good, but the zen book should be ok though... personally i would get opengl game programming, since it''s a truly great book and multiplayer game programming... if you learn opengl and the basics of 3d in the first book, i''m sure you could learn network and direct3d programming from the second one... conclusion, get opengl and multiplayer game programming and you get opengl, direct3d, winsock and directplay knowledge... simple as that! good luck!