MSVCR110.dll is missing on executable

Started by
3 comments, last by Nickie 11 years ago

Hello.

I currently made a executable.
When others download it they get error MSVCR110.dll

I don't want users to have to download microsoft redistributable package, can i somehow link that in executable, or provide with dll files, Without users having to mess around?

EDIT::
Also my bro downloded http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

And gave me a screenshot and it says "... MSVCR110.dll is missing..."

What may i have done wrong? it works for me and few other users, but for some it dosent?

He has 64bit win7 may that be cause of error? he says he has MSVCR110.dll in his Window/System32/ folder so what em i doing wrong? the folder dosent contain MSVCR110.dll and it works for 32bit win7.

Advertisement
Hi which version of redistibutable did your brother downloaded ? He needs to have version of your app not his operating system ,e.g. on 64bit win he needs 32bit redist, if your app is 32bit. Btw. did you installed any game ? Almost every game needs redist to work.
Hi, which version of redistibutable did your brother downloaded ? He needs to have version of your app not his operating system ,e.g. on 64bit win he needs 32bit redist, if your app is 32bit. Btw. did you installed any game ? Almost every game needs redist to work.

Hi which version of redistibutable did your brother downloaded ? He needs to have version of your app not his operating system ,e.g. on 64bit win he needs 32bit redist, if your app is 32bit. Btw. did you installed any game ? Almost every game needs redist to work.

Ok, that would fix the problem, but he stated it wont let him install the 32bit redist... my application is 32bit.

And he said he installed the 64bit version, and it still said there is error so that would be why. Thanks!

Well as far as I know, windows/your app should check the running directory for dlls from that kind. You can just google the name of the dll, download and put it in the same directory.

-or-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa278396%28v=vs.60%29.aspx check this out. Use /MT (I'm not really sure will this work, but I managed to run my app some years ago on a PC without almost any runtime libraries.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement