AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
15 comments, last by flashlaser 22 years, 5 months ago
Right, I''ve gotten it to compile okay now (had to find Borland compatible libs first) - quick question, are the colours supposed to be really messed up (i.e. black block & green background)?
Advertisement
How accurate do you need your collisions to be? A simple bounding box would probably be best, but I don''t know how to get the geometry of the car from DirectX. If you can get me the individual planes for each object, I can write you some collision detection code. I recommend you write a getGeometry method that returns an array of Planes, each of which is an array of the four corner points. Might be an idea to also write a numberOfPlanes method that will return the number of planes that make up the object, simply to make parsing the planes easier.

One point - I found your code quite difficult to read. A few more comments would be appreciated! (As well as some indication of which functions are in which files).
Ok, I''ve got the collision detection working, YAY!!!!!!!!!. Now I just need to figure out a way to get my collision detection to handle gravity.
quote:Original post by flashlaser
Ok, I''ve got the collision detection working, YAY!!!!!!!!!. Now I just need to figure out a way to get my collision detection to handle gravity.

Congratulations that you got it working. But what does gravity have to do with collision detection?

Dirk =[Scarab]= Gerrits
Dirk =[Scarab]= Gerrits
To stop the car from falling though the ground when I add a gravity vector.
If you did your collision detection properly in 3 dimensions then it shouldn''t fall through the ground.

Dirk =[Scarab]= Gerrits
Dirk =[Scarab]= Gerrits
My collision detection stops a car when its about to collide with anything. So if i added a gravity vector then the car would stop.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement