AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
9 comments, last by flashlaser 22 years, 5 months ago
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent the last 3 weeks getting the collision detection for my game to work without any luck. After numerous posts for help and getting tips like use bounding boxes etc, I am just going to ask, "CAN SOMEONE WRITE THE COLLISION DETECTION CODE FOR ME". I don''t want ways I can do collision detection, I want code, and not packages like ColDet. I am very stressed at the moment.:-O Download my source at - http://home.iprimus.com.au/laser1/car.zip. Its in DirectX and VisualC++. P.S. search for my other posts using my username for more info
Advertisement
I dont feel like downloading your source. But if you post some information like what type of collision detection you need and wether or not you will put me in the credits, I might consider writing your code.
Ok, My game is a GTA 2 type game. Two X file models are loaded, a car model and city model. I want to check if the car model hits the city model. The game is in DirectX8 and Visual c++. I don''t care what type of collision detection method is used as long as it works and is accurate enough.

And yes I will put you in the credits with bold letters if you can write me some code.

goto the following site for some more info -
http://home.iprimus.com.au/laser1/help.htm
If you don't understand the techniques, and are not willing to take the time to learn them then you don't deserve to be writing a game. Nobody said it'd be easy or that you'd be done in a couple of months; this stuff take time.

I was about to advise you to head over to the Math and Physics forum, but with your temperament you wont learn anything - they do pretty high-level stuff most of the time. So...

Go buy a book like Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus and read it . Such books explain the principles and concepts behind this stuff, and also provide some example code. G'ahead, go learn.

Edit: formatting.

To you it's a Bently, to me it's a blue car...
"Diddy"
P.Diddy

Edited by - Oluseyi on October 21, 2001 12:33:27 PM
quote:
I don''t want ways I can do collision detection, I want code, and not packages like ColDet.

So, you want code written for you but you''re not willing to use prewritten open source libraries like ColDet?

Hmmmm. Perhaps you should do a bit more research on your options.

---------------------------
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.
patience young Jedi.
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Decent enough chunk of code. You probably want to check your email- I didn''t want to spam the forum with my response (I got a little windy)

And guys... I think he has quite a few of the basics down... his collision detection does work- just not very well.

-Tok.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Hey, I was''t joking... You really /could/ be "boinked" by some irate looney wielding a rubber malet." -Baldor the Bold
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
Getting other people to write code for you will get you one thing: nothing.

If I went up to my boss and said "I don''t understand how this paticular thing works, so you better get someone to do it for me," he would probably laugh in my face.

When you have a problem that you just can''t beat, that''s when you turn up the heat and make it happen. (BTW: this is also the best part of coding IMO. There''s nothing like finally nailing a problem you''ve been stressing over.)

What you need: a book or your notes on linear algebra, geometry, & trig; 1 pad of graph paper; a pen or pencil; and a pledge to yourself that you''re going to make it work no matter what happens. If you have these, your code will be up & running before you know it.

"If consquences dictate our course of action, it doesn''t matter what''s right, it''s only wrong if you get caught."
- Tool

"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
Ok, I since your all telling me to do it myself. I will. But I have one direct x question. If I have two meshes. Each being rotated and translated using different matrix. Will their coordinates be defined from the matrices combined or from just from its own matrix.

Edited by - flashlaser on October 21, 2001 5:51:18 PM
I still have one of the first directx programs I ever wrote, and it has collision detecion. Do you want the source?

--Lowell N. Manners
lowell@makevideogames.com
MakeVideoGames.com
--Lowell N. Mannerslowell@makevideogames.comMakeVideoGames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement