Sign in to follow this  

Xcode Help

This topic is 1714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, so I recently got the newest Xcode and I'm having some troubles. I built a basic "Hello World!" program and tried to run it. After compiling, the output/program doesn't show up... help plz??

Is it a "Command line tool" Hello World or Cocoa? If it is, and you compile+run it with cmd-r, you'll see the output in a field that pops up below the code. It doesn't show a terminal window, just that output log.

Are you trying to get it to render in a simulator? Because like the guy Patrrr above said if you are writing "Hello World" to the console window or log then that's where it will show up. Otherwise you would most likely need to create a textbox/textfield object and insert your text into that and it will defiantly show up in the simulator.

Is it a "Command line tool" Hello World or Cocoa? If it is, and you compile+run it with cmd-r, you'll see the output in a field that pops up below the code. It doesn't show a terminal window, just that output log.

Yes, it is a Command Line Tool C++ program. Btw I can see the output on the bottom. However, how can I get the simulator running just like when I Run and build in Cocoa?

THANK YOU

Yes, it is a Command Line Tool C++ program. Btw I can see the output on the bottom. However, how can I get the simulator running just like when I Run and build in Cocoa?

THANK YOU

Not too sure what you are asking, are you asking how to run the simulator?

This topic is 1714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.