Programming -The Game

Started by
4 comments, last by Ectara 11 years ago

Is there any cool Programming game?

- You would win xp and lvl up if you:

• Write faster (backspacing = -xp)
  • Write words and sentences correctly [Combos jumping the screen like crazy!] (Xp fading if you write familiar words/sentences correctly)
  • get the program to run (major loss if you don't, but could win 3 times the xp by finding all the mistakes)
  • debugging

You could see your progress and It would have an highscore and a way to find cheaters. //from Lvl 0 - Dyslexic typewriter monkey ...to... Lvl 99 - Notch the Demigod

Haha programming is hard, i bet someone made it funnier.

Advertisement

Oddly enough, there was a Visual Studio plugin that allowed you to get Achievements for certain tasks. Also, there was a Kickstarter awhile back that was a game that taught you how to program. It was using Unity and Javascript.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

It is called University. Sometimes a professor give us 2 minutes to write an algorithm according to a specification and then everyone try to find errors in the code.

That does not sound like fun. The fun in programming is the problem solving, etc... not getting points for typing something properly. I must be missing something.

Do you folks like coffee?

It does even sound wrong. Its like giving an award for best truck driver and only checking who is fastest and uses the same streets they imagined should be used without telling the participants, and not checking if the freight was loaded correctly or lost on the way.

It reminds me of old typing programs that required you to have a certain Words Per Minute rating to pass the proficiency test, so as kids we figured out how to beat the system, by mashing random keys to get the WPM up, skewing the average, and making sure to keep under the maximum number of mistakes allowable in every other part.

In other words, this just doesn't seem to be something that can be measured with any degree of accuracy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement