• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Code generation (VS2012)

This topic is 1871 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm going through and learning how to use Visual Studio properly and I've recently discovered its modelling tools (hooray!). I already knew UML so I've set about creating the layout of the engine/game I'm building.

Now I found it's possible to generate code from these diagrams but the code is always in a C# project. I'm happy to write out the T4 files to generate C++ and not C# but I can't find a way to simple dump the files in a directory.

I know how to write MSBuild files fairly well but I don't know how to achieve what I want...

To summaries: Does anyone know how to prevent the generation of a C# project file and simply dump the generated header files in a different project directory.

I want to make the engine project dependent on modelling project so that I can regenerate structure quickly and simply.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!