• Announcements

• khawk

Download the Game Design and Indie Game Marketing Freebook   07/19/17

GameDev.net and CRC Press have teamed up to bring a free ebook of content curated from top titles published by CRC Press. The freebook, Practices of Game Design & Indie Game Marketing, includes chapters from The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, and An Architectural Approach to Level Design. The GameDev.net FreeBook is relevant to game designers, developers, and those interested in learning more about the challenges in game development. We know game development can be a tough discipline and business, so we picked several chapters from CRC Press titles that we thought would be of interest to you, the GameDev.net audience, in your journey to design, develop, and market your next game. The free ebook is available through CRC Press by clicking here. The Curated Books The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition, by Jesse Schell Presents 100+ sets of questions, or different lenses, for viewing a game’s design, encompassing diverse fields such as psychology, architecture, music, film, software engineering, theme park design, mathematics, anthropology, and more. Written by one of the world's top game designers, this book describes the deepest and most fundamental principles of game design, demonstrating how tactics used in board, card, and athletic games also work in video games. It provides practical instruction on creating world-class games that will be played again and again. View it here. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, by Joel Dreskin Marketing is an essential but too frequently overlooked or minimized component of the release plan for indie games. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing provides you with the tools needed to build visibility and sell your indie games. With special focus on those developers with small budgets and limited staff and resources, this book is packed with tangible recommendations and techniques that you can put to use immediately. As a seasoned professional of the indie game arena, author Joel Dreskin gives you insight into practical, real-world experiences of marketing numerous successful games and also provides stories of the failures. View it here. An Architectural Approach to Level Design This is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. It connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory. View it here. Learn more and download the ebook by clicking here. Did you know? GameDev.net and CRC Press also recently teamed up to bring GDNet+ Members up to a 20% discount on all CRC Press books. Learn more about this and other benefits here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamedevolution

my new game under development

19 posts in this topic

hey there im in the game creation team gamedevolution

we recently started on this great rpg online game 

its based on final fantasy style 

we need alpha testers and its free to play now  

single player only atm 

give us feedback on how the game is 

if any bugs or issues accour please send us a feedback

[mod edit: link removed]

if this is not workign for u send a feedback and wait patiently for a fix

Edited by rip-off
Potentially linking to malware

oh? any error messages? :/     

or something   

we are kinda new to game development  and we are trying hard to fix up stuff 

and i hope i can get a new and fixed release later on if this doesent work     

hmm if several people get the same problem i will try as hard as i can with my team to fix it

sorry for the inconvenience

oh? any error messages? :/     

or something   

we are kinda new to game development  and we are trying hard to fix up stuff 

and i hope i can get a new and fixed release later on if this doesent work     

hmm if several people get the same problem i will try as hard as i can with my team to fix it

sorry for the inconvenience

no error messages just nothing happens when you click on the installer.
thats okay im new to this as well i like to design alot of games stuff such as weapons, general items and other stuff like that :)

thank you for your understanding     and i will be workign on this issue this week then  

try letting your friends try it and see if they have the same problem 

if they do i am sure that its somethign with the coding i did :/   maybe i failed some lines..

so send me a feedback later smile.png ill be on every day  to see if we can come with updates on our project

il try it on my laptop then ill get back to you :)

oh ... well scratch it then and again sorry for the inconvieniences   ill work on it then and see if i find the solution in the upcomming days       

we had some problems with it saying its a virus sometimes and it might be a huge problem aswell  and might cause stirr     but im glad someone tested it out and atleast tried :)   ill be back to you after its updated if ur still interrested ^^   

Actually it is working but i can hardly see the window, i some how decided to tilt my laptop and thats when i saw at least 4 windows open. they are really faintly though

omg   we had that problem some days ago    what u do is restart ur pc and it should be fixed   its a error we thaught we removed

oh ... well scratch it then and again sorry for the inconvieniences   ill work on it then and see if i find the solution in the upcomming days       

we had some problems with it saying its a virus sometimes and it might be a huge problem aswell  and might cause stirr     but im glad someone tested it out and atleast tried smile.png   ill be back to you after its updated if ur still interrested ^^   

for sure m interested and yeah there was some kind of virus but i just turned every thing off to try the game and then turned it back on so no worries, good luck.

hit me up on skype if you have it.
vitor_Doritos

omg   we had that problem some days ago    what u do is restart ur pc and it should be fixed   its a error we thaught we removed

ok il do that now and re try it. :)

i would advice u no t o run it again as it may cause problems then

oh okay and whats the game about any ways apart from what you've already said ?

well we are still working alittle on the story but its gonan be an online rpg game liek finalfantasy 11 just final fantasy 4-6 style 

there is gonan be different classes like final fantasy 5 (jobs)

Okay. Moving this to Your Announcements.

Okay. Moving this to Your Announcements.

thank you very much :)