go x;
		x.i = i - m.i;
		return x;
	}

void print(ostream& e){
		e << this->i << endl;

}
};

If I create 3 objects of type go,initialize all of them,and do the above expression,a+b-c,on - it will show an error like:

no operator - matches these operands.

What is wrong?

Solved: define the operator overloaded functions as global,but make them a friend to the class.That way,you can get your hands on both operands!

Edited by noatom

BitMaster    8651

Solved: define the operator overloaded functions as global,but make them a friend to the class.That way,you can get your hands on both operands!

There are sometimes valid reasons for friend functions instead of member function. Not understanding essential and basic things like constness and parameter passing is not one of them though. Sorry for sounding blunt, but you really need a lot of more knowledge and experience before you should decide to do a "Solved" in obnoxious font sizes.

Chad Smith    1343

Like has been said, this may have "solved" it but I would not call it proper and a hacked solution.

The proper solution for what you want was posted the first and second response. I would edit your post just so other people maybe having same problem don't think that is the proper solution.