Sign in to follow this  
Marth

Required file "tracker.exe" is missing.

I been searching on google for a couple days and I can't fix this problem. I am using VC++ Express 2010 and I can compile basic win32 applications. I can run windowed and full screen directx 9 souce codes, but I get to particular problems now where I get

1>------ Build started: Project: EnginePart1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error : Required file "" is missing.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I tried reinstalling my SDK's and IDE. I even installed VS 2012 in hope that maybe something would fix. I got a new error since the platform was changed to 110.

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(347,5): error : Required file "tracker.exe" is missing.

and when changed back to the default 100 I get the previous error again.

I have not read any clear solution to this and I am praying someone knows of some trick to get this working. All the source code is from a book that works just fine for everyone on the forum. It's straight off his site at http://www.programming2dgames.com. Particularly chapter 4 is the one I am dealing with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

if your using the latest direct x sdk I'm pretty sure they changed a bunch of stuff around from dx 10 and earlier - you might either have to get the older direct x sdk (i think like June 2010 redistributable or something) or figure out how to change some stuff in the source code.

I could be wrong I'm more of an opengl user but I remember something like that when I was working with Directx 10 source a while back