Hi .. how much get paid top 3D engine developper at major company?

Started by
12 comments, last by Tom Sloper 11 years ago

Hi..

If someone( it's me of course)

had million seller and 16 years totally good 3D engine experience and own comercial 3D engine and sell it a lot.

how much he get paid at MS EA, or any other big company as top engineer.

just tell me about brief number :)

Korea's situation is too low..

I heard it from 400,000$ to a million paycheck a year .

Is it correct.

and plz tom don't reply to me.. I don't like your message sorry :) ( unless I'm not violate any rules of this forum)

Beauty is only skin deep , ugly goes to bones

World's only 3D engine tunner and 3D engine guru.

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

Advertisement

Read the 2012 game industry salary survey. http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/1108/game_developer_salary_survey_2012.php

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

No one on the technical side is making a million straight up. Maybe some CTO's or "Dir. of Tech."'s have great profit sharing, great stock options or crazy bonuses and will make 400k+. Generally, the business side of the industry, that don't work on the actual products, gets paid the most. If money is your main concern, start in programming and switch to business first chance you get.

No one on the technical side is making a million straight up. Maybe some CTO's or "Dir. of Tech."'s have great profit sharing, great stock options or crazy bonuses and will make 400k+. Generally, the business side of the industry, that don't work on the actual products, gets paid the most. If money is your main concern, start in programming and switch to business first chance you get.

Of Okay thanks for you advice

Hmm so If developper what is maximum?

I need this for working at there or taking project part in here Korea.

I must caculate proper price

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

It's very hard to give you a number value, even more so when you're claiming to be a genius. You'll get what someone is willing to pay for you, which means that you will have to apply for jobs and see what kind of figures you'll be hearing. It depends a lot on your ability to directly or indirectly sell yourself.

The closest you'll get is the article Tom pasted, I'm afraid.

so If developper what is maximum?

Read http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/1108/game_developer_salary_survey_2012.php

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

It's very hard to give you a number value, even more so when you're claiming to be a genius. You'll get what someone is willing to pay for you, which means that you will have to apply for jobs and see what kind of figures you'll be hearing. It depends a lot on your ability to directly or indirectly sell yourself.

The closest you'll get is the article Tom pasted, I'm afraid.

okay Thanks I must contact people... In Korea I call 150,000-200,000$ for salary. they admit the number but they don't have money. ah..

so I now work 2days a week at 42000$ and very easy job and promising supporting my own business and future my department on their company...

Hmm very little money.. but I'm very sick(depression or bipolar). and It's so rare chance , work just 2 days in Korea . so I grab this..

Thank you anyway ^__^

A veteran developer could probably aim for $80-$120k in normal circumstances. If you're going for an executive role (CTO, etc), then you'd be looking at the outrageously high salaries.

The numbers are always negotiable. As part of the interview process, they'll ask you how much you want to be earning, and they'll make you an offer. I've had one European company go from an advertised EU30k up to EU50k by asking them to. I've also seen Google go from an offer of AU80k to AU130k because the applicant said they wanted at least 100... I've personally also accepted a low salary, and then received a 20% raise in my first salary review.

Join some of the "jobs in games" type groups on LinkedIn, and you'll receive all the spam from recruiters about vacant positions, which often include salaries.

I have heard Valve pays better than average, but if you only care about money you would be better off at Morgan Stanley, where I made $300,000 per year, for the one whole day that I worked there (screw non-game programming, no matter the salary!).

But I feel I have an obligation to mention to you that it likely doesn’t matter, since it is unlikely you would ever be able to maintain such a job.

I think your posts are funny and it is cute how you have no concept of humility at all, but unfortunately I do not represent a standard coworker, and even I wouldn’t really enjoy working with you in real life either. It’s funny as long as it is once-in-a-while and just a few online posts, but if I had to sit next to you and listen to your constant bragging all day long it would get old fast.

Working with you is likely impossible for any human being, so it really doesn’t matter what skills you have (or think you have).

L. Spiro

[EDIT]

Due to stress in my personal life I have been a bit harsh all around recently.

So I went a bit too far here and have already apologized to GeniusPooh via PM.

[/EDIT]

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

I have heard Valve pays better than average, but if you only care about money you would be better off at Morgan Stanley, where I made $300,000 per year, for the one whole day that I worked there (screw non-game programming, no matter the salary!).

But I feel I have an obligation to mention to you that it likely doesn’t matter, since it is unlikely you would ever be able to maintain such a job.

I think your posts are funny and it is cute how you have no concept of humility at all, but unfortunately I do not represent a standard coworker, and even I wouldn’t really enjoy working with you in real life either. It’s funny as long as it is once-in-a-while and just a few online posts, but if I had to sit next to you and listen to your constant bragging all day long it would get old fast.

Working with you is likely impossible for any human being, so it really doesn’t matter what skills you have (or think you have).

L. Spiro

OMG...

What a XXX( I don't know expression about this but not good expression maybe)

I did nothing but just saying truth.

If you feel bad about truth about me. it's all up to you not me.

I always try to help others.

but why I must not tell to others straight? I live honorable and honest work (as I think) so I can be straight about that.

I'm honest I proud what I am. and I never push you admit about my work.

Jealous or envy or suspicious to other is nature for weak . not strong man.

It may so tough in your country living as game programmer.

but how about not attack how about try to listen or truthfully take a relation with me.

If I'm not top class or not. at least you can have a friend . a honest and straight.

It's disapoint outside Korea and even this forum. still there attacking people about honest words.

I never try to attack others and not to teaching others. because it's no use for me.

I ask about money and career issue . how can I tell you or other people underestimate my career and work.?

If I need correct number or something I must tell exactly what I am. and I did that, that's all..

Modesty. It may be your problem. because I never try to teaching or make a lesson. as always I accept as you are. and if you are reliable human being I listen you any time. and try to help. not teaching or cursing or something bad or make you down.

life is too short especially game programmer for using C++ After 12 years passed I convince what I do. and I realize that just recently.

but okay we can avoid each others not to harm each others

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement