[java] Getting users' I/O

Started by
2 comments, last by cMADsc 22 years, 6 months ago
Greetings, I have to write a database in java for a class. Unfortunately I do not know java and is currently learning the language. Although, I have come across various ways to get I/O. What is the best way to go about this? Also, a name of a good editor would help. I have JCreator but is only a 30 day trial. Thx in adv. ----------------------------- "There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do." "...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
Advertisement
(1) Don''t ask people to do you homework for you (at least, not without being paid for it).
(2) You is currently learning the English language too, huh?
(3) JCreator has a freeware version, with no time limit or anything. Check out their website.
Well actually if I could write this in C/C++ I would be finished by now, but my Univeristy just started teaching Java last year and that is for the freshmen. The book I have shows i/o by using something called a ConsoleReader and it is not very good documented. I already know about System.in and System.out. The JCreator I have has a 30 day trial.

-----------------------------
"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do."

"...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."

Edited by - cMADsc on October 21, 2001 8:27:05 PM
-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
Check out the I/O section of the Java tutorial, you can find it here.

You might want to look into JDBC for easy database access using SQL and ODBC. You can find the tutorial here.

- Kaijin

"If you find a job that you love you''ll never have to work again."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement