Issue with Visual Studio 2012 Graphics Debuging

Started by
1 comment, last by skobalczyk 11 years ago

I've created a simple project to play with DirectX shaders. It's written in C# using SlimDX wrappers and runs as Windows Forms app. Pipeline is setup using DirectX 10 with HLSL shaders compiled from code. I was trying to test shader debugging and capture and all windows look fine. However when I run debug on vertex or pixel shaders it doesn't show the current variable and constant buffer values (I assume it should based on this walkthrough http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh972447.aspx).

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

Advertisement

If your seeing a variable show as a NaN double check that it's really is being *used* within the shader.

If your seeing a variable show as 0.000000000 check that it's going to be accessed within your shader, i.e. it may be in an 'if' that won't be entered?

The compiler could be optimizing those variables out. Assuming this is the issue you've described?

'm not sure if this is the case because all variables are constants are zeroed. I would expect that values inputs used in calculations are shown. I compile the shader with Debug and SkipOptimizations flags. Please see the screenshot below:

VS_GFX_Debug_issue1.png?psid=1

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement