What should this gun shoot?

Started by
15 comments, last by xedex 10 years, 7 months ago

It should shoot spheres of 50 meter radius that drop their shell and reveal a drone filled with lazors that shoot in all directions.

Theyre designed to shoot at large fleets of enemies, so that the drones end up in the middle of the enemy fleet and shoot at every direction so the enemies cant use their shields properly.

o3o

Advertisement

Perhaps they shoot asteriods. They fire very rapidly and you have to dodge them in order to approach the ship.

Mass Driver / Rail Gun / Gauss Gun: Shoots conducting / magnetized slugs at very high speeds

+1 for this - my immediate thought was the same.

Another vote for mass driver. Guns with a caliber that big would almost certainly be throwing something physical - and in space, if you can toss some high-mass slug at significant speeds the energy released by a collision (IE when you hit the other guy) is mind-boggling.

I Create Games to Help Tell Stories

What's the game you're making?

Just curious.

Space Shotgun! Maybe shoots a bunch of magnetic limpet mines that activate a few seconds after launch and sticks to anything in its path.

Writer, Game Maker, Day-Dreamer... Check out all the wonderful things I've thought up at Meatsack's Workshop!

Check out the Current Ranking of Super Gunball DEMO on IndieDB!

I'm going to give you the same answer as I give to everyone who asks a question about what something should shoot.

It should shoot slightly smaller guns that in turn shoot slightly smaller guns which........which shoot dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at you.

I have an idea or two.

These guns could be beaming microwaves.

That meaning the beams would heat up the part of the ship they would be targeting causing it to melt, for an example if the would target a small ship they would melt it in about 20-30 seconds if the small ship wouldn't be able to get away, but in combat with a bigger ship it would only target parts of it therefore weakening it for an example destroying its canons or hyperdrive engines so it wouldnt be able to get away. You could even implement a computer scanner that would reveal vital ctructures on enemy ships like oxygen containers, communication arrays, radars, targeting system sensors. The guns would be weak, but if a group of these guns would target the same thing it would be devostating. It could be also used to heat up incoming missiles so they would blow up before raching your ship or any other for that matter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement