Is AP calculus worth taking ?

Started by
21 comments, last by Vorador 22 years, 5 months ago
Thank you for all the help guys. I have decided that the best course of action is to take the course. The advantages outway any disadvantages to taking it (not that I can see any). Since I enjoy math I will probably enjoy the course. I am going to take 1 or 2 other ap courses, but I don''t think they will probably be all that difficult. Thanks again.

PS: ohh ya, would it be a good idea to take ap physics concurently with ap calc ? Thanks again.

----------------------------
----------------------------
"This just goes to show that there are only two kinds of people in this world, stupid people... and me."
--------------------------------------------------------"This just goes to show that there are only two kinds of people in this world, stupid people... and me."
Advertisement
I''m taking AP Physics this year too

Honestly the only drawback for that is that my teacher can''t really teach all that well. He''s cool and all, but not the most wonderful man at getting ideas out

Anyway, it''s actually advantageous to take AP Physics and AP Calculus concurrently because you''ll learn stuff in physics that you''ll do a little later in calc and vice versa, so each will make more sense.

Free Speech, Free Sklyarov
Fight the unconstitutional DMCA.

Commander M
I took AP Calc, AP English, AP History, and C at the local community college. I was practically a sophomore when I started at Lawrence Tech. We (me & some of my friends) convinced our councilors to let us take AP History in 10th which was nice because we didn’t have to sit through the same history crap for another two years. Was it just my school system, or did everyone else sit through the same history class year after year after year? Taking AP English and AP History at the same time could be difficult. At other high schools in my district the AP History teachers weren’t up to the task – those students didn’t even cover half the book and did poorly on the AP test.

The only thing I regret, is NOT taking the AP Calc BC test. The AB test is the equivalent to Calc 1 (i.e. lots of derivatives), and the BC test is Calc 2, (i.e. lots of integrals). I was very bored in Calc2 at Lawrence.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement