Boston Marathon, a terror act

Started by
100 comments, last by Promit 10 years, 12 months ago
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1

sad.png Someone needs a rail-gun projectile to the face, I'm afraid. sad.png
Advertisement

Very sad. Seems a lot like the 1996 Olympic Park bombings at first glance.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

sad.png Someone needs a rail-gun projectile to the face, I'm afraid. sad.png

If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough of it!

</sarcasm>

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Very sad. Seems a lot like the 1996 Olympic Park bombings at first glance.

Yes. It seems that whoever planned this, they were out to maim. Reports are coming in that doctors are pulling ball-bearings out of people in hospitals.

The rate we've been going, this is just the beginning of the next generation's everyday life.

Very sad.

It will be interesting to see who was behind it and what they wanted to achieve by pipe-bombing a crowd... Terrorism by definition has to have some kind of perceived purpose -- even that nutjob in Norway thought he would effect some kind of political change with his massacre -- otherwise it's not terrorism, it's just a random act of violence (like Columbine).

Very sad.
It will be interesting to see who was behind it and what they wanted to achieve by pipe-bombing a crowd... Terrorism by definition has to have some kind of perceived purpose -- even that nutjob in Norway thought he would effect some kind of political change with his massacre -- otherwise it's not terrorism, it's just a random act of violence (like Columbine).

Please take steps to ensure that the US government adopts your definition of "terrorism." The one they're using is a little bit broken.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Pretty sad, but I'm more worried about the countries the USofA will nuke for it.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Pretty sad, but I'm more worried about the countries the USofA will nuke for it.

Eh, I think it's more likely it's a crazed loner of either the domestic (Oklahoma City) or foreign (2010 Times Square attempt) variety.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

I think he means the US government may try to use it as an excuse to start more wars. We'll have to see.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement