Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this out!!!!!

This topic is 5897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to let everybody know that I have created a website which chronicles the developement of a 3D Game Engine with an emphasis on a SceneGraph type approach. I must say that I am extremely satisfied with how it is going. For every step I take in creating my game engine which I have so humbly called Ares after the God of War, there is a tutorial. Currently there are three tutorials up starting with creating a basic Object class to handling States and currently traversing the nodes of the SceneGraph to update them. All this is explained in the webpage. I am hoping to create a decent almost commercial quality game engine which uses a choice of OpenGL, DirectX 8, or software rendering. Please check it out at: www.geocities.com/pnkyandabrain/ I''m sure everyone can figure out what to do from there. Thanks. Any input would be helpful. Mat

Just a friendly piece of advice: change the background picture, or at least change the color/intensity of the text. As it is now you have to select the text to be able to read it comfortably.

Looks interesting. One suggestion though, if you are going for portability, as the features say, avoid using DirectX for input and sound.

Honestly as of right now I haven't really considered very much about sound and input. When I get to that point I will start to consider it. I'm aiming more towards graphics and scene management right now. Sound and music will be farther down the line. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep it in mind.

Mat

Edited by - doodah2001 on October 21, 2001 10:19:52 PM