Poll: Voice your thoughts!

Started by
1 comment, last by Eugen Kukharchuk 10 years, 11 months ago

Hello,
Me and my friends are working on the new mobile application for mobile game advertising - it will allow direct cross-promotion of own games.

And we have a dilemma - how we should prioritize following features?

Guess there is no better place to ask for opinion than Gamedev.net rolleyes.gif

1. Free:
Self-explanatory - application is free-to-use.

2. Organic (ads free):
There are no interstitials or banner advertising in it.

3. Awesome-looking:
User can put on different design skins

4. Fully-customizable
User can change every single element in order to make this application fit the game's design.

5. Easy-to-embed
Easy to install SDK.

6. Built-in statistics
User can track installations, click-through rates, etc.

7. News module
User can notify players about new games coming out, events, promotional offers, etc.

Thank you fellows.

Advertisement

I gotta say that ads that interrupt the gameplay are the most annoying possible way to go. Banners are irritating as hell but are acceptable on menu screens and such. I don't really mind games that have a 'store' link where you can buy secondary currency as long as it's possible to play the game without it. I think LoL has a good model going, but I'm aware that it puts them in a position where they have to make sure that the quality of the game stays high.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I gotta say that ads that interrupt the gameplay are the most annoying possible way to go. Banners are irritating as hell but are acceptable on menu screens and such. I don't really mind games that have a 'store' link where you can buy secondary currency as long as it's possible to play the game without it. I think LoL has a good model going, but I'm aware that it puts them in a position where they have to make sure that the quality of the game stays high.

Thanks for the answering Khathar.

The thing is - this platform that we're making is for game promotion.

That means that we don't have control over the game itself, and if the owner will decide to put up some interstitial it will be his choice.

Here however, we want to make sure that our plugin will be ads-free smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement