Flipping an image on the y-axis

Started by
1 comment, last by Viscous-Flow 22 years, 6 months ago
Hello, Does anyone have a good function that will flip an image (i.e. tga, bmp) on the y-axis, so in other words if you had a smiley face for a picture and you wanted the left eye to be on the right side how would you do that? I was able to be able to flip the images upside down, but flipping them sideways hasn''t been a success yet; I can only get inverse colors and 2/3 of its flipped, arg, hehe. I just want to manipulate the image data to get this effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
If you have a vertical axis about the horizontal middle, then your transformation is essentially
f(x) = -x 

Since both x and -x are defined relative to the axis (x = 0), then your required horizontal flip is
new_x = middle_x + (middle_x - old_x)      = 2 * middle_x - old_x      = width - old_x 

Use exactly the same algorithm for the y-axis. I don''t think you need to mess with the pixel depth data.

To you it''s a Bently, to me it''s a blue car...
"Diddy"
P.Diddy
    const int WIDTH = 640;const int HEIGHT = 480;struct RGB{      char r;      char g;      char b;};RGB image1[WIDTH][HEIGHT];RGB image2[WIDTH][HEIGHT];for(int y=0; y < HEIGHT; y++){      for(int x=0; x < WIDTH; x++)      {           image2[WIDTH-x-1][y].r = image1[x][y].r;           image2[WIDTH-x-1][y].g = image1[x][y].g;           image2[WIDTH-x-1][y].b = image1[x][y].b;      }}    

Edited by - TerranFury on October 22, 2001 3:45:28 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement