• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GameDev doesn't URL-encode URLs with Unicode characters

This topic is 1732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

After seeing this thread's interesting title, I decided to check the page source and see if the URL, where it was linked, was properly URL encoded. It was not. I checked both the this page and this page, and neither of them URL encoded it as:

 

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/642153-%E2%99%AAmarble%E3%83%BBtime%E2%98%85ost%E2%98%85release%E2%99%AA

 

Like they ought to have.

 

Just an FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

As far as I know, both methods are valid, it's just that encoding is preferred for security reasons (makes it harder to spoof another URL by using similar characters). Well, and maybe compatibility with some servers, but maybe browsers rewrite the URLs under the hood to work around that.

Edited by Sik_the_hedgehog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement